|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||September 17, 2020|
ASME Engineering Ltd. is a structural and architectural steelwork fabrication and installation company. We are a family run business looking for an experienced and self-motivated Drafting Manager / Design Engineer. As we are an SME, the pressure is often on to do the impossible; we base our reputation on a hard working team who in turn deliver a quality product with impeccable service. The successful candidate will have the ability to meet every challenge head-on and always view it positively as an opportunity to grow. This is our company ethos.
Experience & Qualifications as a Drafting Manager / Design Engineer:
- Management of the personnel in the drafting department. Overseeing the drafting teams work, offering guidance, and managing the department’s scheduling.
- Candidate must be a qualified structural engineer
- Responsible for overseeing and co-ordinating the overall design process from project hand-over to completion
- Managing the steel detailing and design process using his/her commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise.
- Ensuring the steel detailing and design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice, where appropriate.
- Ensuring steel detailing and design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales.
- Striving to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction.
- The Drafting Manager / Design Engineer role requires a lot of coordination. It means consulting with Engineers, Architects and Project Managers or Production Managers to get a clear vision of the project. With this information, you coordinate budgets and time schedules, assign Drafters to the job, and oversee the project from inception to completion. Along the way, you present updates and facilitate communication with the clients.
- Responsible for ensuring that the on-site surveys, draughting and structural engineers are appointed in accordance with the project requirements. This includes establishing scope, managing the internal and external survey and design consultants, obtaining fee proposals, insurances, signing off invoices and resolving disputes.
- Excellent knowledge of steel design & steel connection details.
- Experience of producing architectural metalwork and structural steel fabrication drawings using Tekla is essential. Knowledge of other software (Revit) would be beneficial.
- Must be able to read and interpret Engineer and Architect drawings and understand and be able to deliver the information from structural steel specification into the fabrication drawings.
- Ability to work as part of a team to ensure every project is a success. Works will involve co-ordination with Commercial, Project, Production departments and the job site.
- Knowledge of current drawing practice and standards related to 3D Model build, connections detailing and fabrication is essential. Knowledge of ISO 9001, CE Marking BS EN 1090 and PAS 1192-2 will be desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a number of projects at any given time by prioritising projects based on site dates and production needs. Very keen to get the job done even if it requires overtime to complete the work.
- Accurate and timely completion of projects is your main goal, but you’re also a Manager, so you’re in charge of employee schedules, hours, timesheets, signing invoices from external drafting companies or resources, vacation time, sick leave, promotions, layoffs, budgetary decisions, hiring, and training.
Please contact Jonathon Gibbons at HR@asmeengineering.co.uk