|Location||Serge Hill, Bedmond, St Albans, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||March 12, 2021|
I am looking for a carer to look after my 93 year old father at our lovely family home in the country 20 miles from Central London. His fabulous Kiwi carer is returning to New Zealand after 4 years here. This could also be a job share.
My father needs help dressing and undressing, washing, looking after his appearance, taking medication and going to the loo. He can walk short distances with a zimmer frame, and also has a wheelchair. His enthusiasms are Shakespeare, classical music and the law. He is very easy going and accommodating. His current carer has been here for 4 years and is returning to New Zealand. The job is full time, live in. PAYE with pension and statutory holidays. Salary from £30,000
You need to be: kind, calm, caring, competent, cheerful, clever and capable of some cooking, with clear fluent spoken and written English. A driver and non-smoker is preferred. The job would suit someone youthful and energetic who likes the country, is tidy and well organised. There is a lot of time during the working day when you are in attendance, but not busy, during which you could read, take exercise and study. There are other people around at the house pretty much all the time.
The key responsibilities are:
- To assist with my Father's continued quality of life.
- Assisting with his immediate needs such as bathing, washing, dressing, and personal hygiene.
- Helping him to get up in the morning and help him to go to bed in the evening
- Helping with his mobility and supervising exercises given by physio.
- Administrating prepared medication packs
- Preparing his meals when required
- Cleaning his living quarters and the laundering of his clothing, sheets and towels.
- Day-to day administrative tasks such as organising appointments
- Any additional and reasonable tasks that are within the scope of a carer’s normal duties.